Greg bought two Freeman Beetle Trap screened bottom boards ( www.freemanbeetletrap.com ) at the last Tennessee Beekeeping Convention in Cookeville. We want to use these bottom boards but have converted these hives to top entrances as well. Since we can’t use our bottom feeder with the new bottom board/traps on these two hives, we’ve modified some top feeders we bought last year from Miller Bee Supply. I cut a hole behind the hole the bees originally entered the feeder from. I added a dam across the width of the feeder and moved the screen back to cover the new hole. Now, the bees can come up thru the front feeder hole and use it to get to the top entrance. They can come up from inside the hive through the second hole to get to the syrup, which is completely isolated from the entrance. For a bee to get to the feeder from outside, she must first enter the hive and crawl up through the bottom feeder entrance.
1562 Walnut Grove Road
Lebanon, TN 37090
- TBH / Warre
- Tech / Tools
- Beek Tips
- Book Tips
- Genetic Variability of the Neogregarine Apicystis bombi, an Etiological Agent
- Function and Distribution of 5-HT2 Receptors in the Honeybee (Apis mellifera)
- Transcriptome Sequencing Analysis Reveals the Regulation of the Hypopharyngeal Glands
- making woodworking machinery and beekeeping equipment
- replacement creamed honey tool
- Hello from SW Missouri
Middle TN Swarm Removal(615) 653.6987
If you are in Rutherford Co., Wilson Co., or southeastern Davidson Co. and need a swarm of honeybees removed, call us! We will remove swarms for free in most situations.
- 42,495 hits