03/2012 – Split Inspection

These photos were taken 24 March 2012.  We were inspecting a new colony made from a split 11 days earlier, and hoped to find queen cells.  We found three.   However, the colony appeared weak and we found many of the bees had drowned in one of our bottom board feeders.  We borrowed a frame of brood with nurse bees from a nearby hive, placed it in the weak hive and closed it back up.  We’ll see.  Now the photos.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s